Welcome to the Love Sparks Blogging Festival

I am delighted you are here. 40+ artists, writers, teachers, adventurers, coaches, and creatives have created a connected collage of love across the blogosphere. When you scroll down you will see links to all their contributions. There is so much sparkling love to take in! Take your time. This page won’t go away. Bookmark it and come back. Savor it. Celebrate it. Share it.

Most of us long for love, look out for love, worry we are too late for love, but not enough of us live love. Love is here right now for the taking and the giving. The source is abundant, but sometimes we are separate from it, sometimes for good reason. And so we—the Love Sparks Superhero’s—are here to help.

In the words of poet Aaron Jafferis:

And where we touch down, currents connect,
electricity pops and whirs; and we are its conductors
electric and true. We take the tired and grounded world,
shake it, wake it up and make it new.

Because we are all electric, like lightning is electric.
Not grounded, but charged: lightbulbs about to hatch.
We are the synapse, the charge, the wire, the match,
the spark in this dark room that makes the fire catch.

To read Aaron’s whole poem Charge click here.

So join the conversation. Leave comments on the posts you read. Tell us how what we are writing and sharing is sparking love in your life. Or write your own post and join the conversation.  And if you are sparked by any of this, please share: shout it out in twitter town, feed it to the folks on facebook, say it, speak it, spark it.

Love Sparks Dedication

February 14 is my favorite day of the year and has been for many years not because of chocolate exchanges or wishes for kisses, but because of the one and only Valentine Phantom.

I dedicate this festival to the Valentine Phantom’s unbelievably great love project. You can read the story and see it in action on Matt Gartland’s Random Acts of Greatness website by clicking here. I promise you will be glad you did.

If you would like to write a post to the Love Sparks Blogging Festival please click here for contributor guidelines.

photo from Lomo-Cam’s photostream.

Share...
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

{ 22 comments… read them below or add one }

Sandi Amorim January 19, 2011 at 1:52 pm

I’ve got a great story to share about love and I’m happy to join this spark-filled love fest!

Jasmine January 19, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Hello DevaCoach Sandi, I can’t wait to read it. These sparks are going to burn up the haze separating us from the clear love within!

Jen Saunders January 27, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Hi Jasmine!

I going to share a story about self-love and self-acceptance. Thanks!

Jen

Jasmine January 27, 2011 at 6:00 pm

I’m so glad! I really look forward to reading it. Love, Jasmine

Alex Blackwell January 30, 2011 at 8:12 am

I will happy to share my love story. Thanks for the invitation.

Alex

Jasmine January 30, 2011 at 9:33 am

I’m so glad. You clearly have so much love to offer. Jasmine

Anjali January 30, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Love this love sparks fest!
I hope to add some sparks to it by sharing something.
You rock JL…
xoxo, BIG LOVE!
Anj

Tess The Bold Life February 1, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Hi,
What a marvelous idea. My word for the year is love so this fits right in. I’ll help spread the word. Tweeted.

Jasmine February 1, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Tess, What a good word to live with for a year, to discover its feet and wings and the way it walks and talks. It may not be what we think it is, it may be more mysterious than we can imagine. Thanks so much for spreading the word (the Love word, and the word on the festival).

Jasmine

Melissa Dinwiddie February 5, 2011 at 3:23 am

Love THIS! Such a cool idea! Started working on my post already…

Jasmine February 5, 2011 at 11:20 am

I’m so glad some of your wild creativity will be holding a space for love on February 14th.

Jasmine

Angela Artemis/Powered by Intuition February 13, 2011 at 11:25 am

Jasmine,
What a terrific idea for Valentine’s Day. I cannot wait to read everyone’s contribution.

Jasmine February 13, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Thanks Angela,

I can’t wait to read everyone’s contributions as well. It feels like there are all these Valentine’s gifts waiting for us all over the world tomorrow!

Jasmine

Marianne February 13, 2011 at 10:54 pm

I did it! Yay. Thanks for the inspiration. I may have posted a little bit too early but it is already the evening of Valentine’s Day here and I needed to get it up for my local readers before the day was done.

Kailie February 14, 2011 at 8:37 pm

I love this! Such a wonderful valentine to come home too, endless open valentines from all over. Thank you Jasmine for organizing such a wealth of love.

Jasmine February 14, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Oh sweet, Kailie. Thank you. Thank you. Means so much to me. I’m thrilled to be amidst this love fest! Looking forward to being in your presence of love soon.

marianney | A Life Set Free February 15, 2011 at 11:41 am

wow so many great posts! thanks for sharing this list, i only knew of a few before (love Matt Garland and Hanuiloa’s blogs!) but now there are so many more gems to discover !

Jasmine February 15, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Marianney,

Hello, welcome! I’m so glad you found the #LoveSparks Festival and are discovering new gems out in the blogosphere.

Jasmine

Mark February 16, 2011 at 8:50 am

Funny how fear is so effective at blocking the somatic experience of love, isn’t it, Ms. Jasmine? And the opposite also seems to often be true. Learning about the brain and how it works has paradoxically really made room for me to listen to my heart much, much more: my neural-networked meme-maker is a TERRIBLE thing to trust.

And every day brings great opportunity to trust it less and less and the heart more and more. And there’s nothing fluffy about battling the Meme-Maker either! It requires great vigilance and the ability to smile and grant it due respect every time it tricks me into buying into a particularly clever and captivating Fear Meme. Which, these days, I immediately do my best to take to heart.

Jasmine February 16, 2011 at 9:17 am

My dear Mark, true indeed. I haven’t done the kind of academic study of neuro-science you have, but I’ve done the hands on study of being a body with a seriously sensitive autonomic nervous system and discovering how my thoughts are born more from the state of agitation in my nervous system than any other single factor—and I see this in the world every where. And it was hugely transformative for me to realize that this is what fear was…not some mysterious force to fight but actually my neural network going haywire!

p.s. Thanks for the comment:)

Peggy February 21, 2011 at 5:34 pm

I am kind of wildly excited by the love fest blog,
as I sit here looking out the window at the great snow,
the sleeping world, and the little tree outside the window,
whose only covering is the young bark still orange and red,
a little birch in a big cold world, which is almost the only color
in the whole great mono vista out the window, and I think about life,
and the possibilities, the changes, always, and there is a new phone line
coming through the wall near my legs these days, carrying impulses somehow
that convey your blog and things on it like Why Love Gets Hijacked in Heaven:
And Five Ways to Bring the Love Home and the beautiful beautiful new photos
of you, the kettle is clicking on the wood stove, as it does when it is hot enough
to make tea and to heat the room, and I sit down here to take frequent breaks
from work preparing music, which is a love fest, too, but sometimes it is also
work, like what that little tree is doing to stay alive through the long winter
working, resting, faced by the sun, backed by this barn, and surrounded
by the coldness of the vast universe that visits here on earth in winter,
like what you are doing making the Love Sparks Blogging Festival
that brings me photos and poems and philosophy and smiles
and lots of life’s own blood, love, in the vastness of the
human universe, and I think about other people’s
blood cells and neurons firing as they read
the poems you have posted that are
swimming around my knees and
my clanging neural synapses
so I stand for a little dance
and press send.

Jasmine February 21, 2011 at 5:35 pm

And I’m wildly excited by this comment that looks to be the shape of a great boat moving through the sea of love.

Thank You, Peggy!