- The delights and disasters of relationship offer the opportunity for self-realization.
- Fulfilling intimate relationships arise out of our capacity to be intimate and fulfilled within ourselves.
- Our capacity to be intimate and fulfilled within ourselves arises out of our fulfilling intimate relationships.
- Learning how to communicate our truth and listen to the truth of others supports all aspects of all our relationships and transforms the world toward peace.
- Through loving our imperfect lives we learn to love our imperfect world and our imperfect neighbors and our imperfect strangers and soon we are floored by what lovely lives we have and what love we can create and we wake up and we collaborate and we communicate and we co-create and we liberate.
- We are creative, living creatures whose wounds can heal and whose visions can manifest. And we can begin this today, right now, right here.
And so in this spirit I collaborate today with my friend shana and share with you four of her intimate photographs. If you’d like to see more of her photographs or connect with shana click here. shana writes of her relationship with her Aunt Violet who is featured below in the first photograph (to see more photographs of her Aunt Violet click here):
taught me showed me what love, loving & lover truly is. Simply put, she would see with her heart and accept with all her being – whether tending to her husband, her daughter, her art, her garden, her self, her students, her family, her beliefs. So when saddled with self-doubt or loathing & questions of my own significance arise, I try to lean in & borrow from the spirit of this precious soul.
The following three photographs are from the body of work, On The Periphery Life Going By.